Date: Thursday 29th - Friday 30th November 2018
Trainer: Rick Scavetta
Description: This two-day workshop enables life scientists to effectively create figures based on quantitative data that add impact to their publications. The workshop is divided into two one-day modules: Principles and Applications.
Participants learn how to:
- use figures and tables to effectively tell the story of their research.
- decide whether text, tables, or plots are most appropriate to convey the message of each result.
- choose the most appropriate plot type for their data.
- understand the science of perception and apply design principles to communicate their message clearly.
- use aesthetics to relate sensory attributes (color, shape, etc.) to abstractions (enrichment, change-over-time).
- distinguish between graphics for publication and for data exploration.