How to Apply
The six steps to a successful submission
Application to our PhD program is a six-step process, administered through our online application portal as outlined below.
- Check whether you are eligible to apply to our PhD program (more)
- Register at our online application portal (link to registration)
- Login at application portal and name/invite two referees
- Fill out application form
- Upload all required documents (more)
- Submit your application
The six steps to a successful submission, schematic
As soon as your referees submit a letter of recommendation, we will send you a confirmatory email. We will also confirm successful submission of your application through email.
Please keep in mind that we can only accept complete applications submitted through our online application portal. Please do not send applications to the coordination office via postal services or email. We are not able to accept those application and they will not be returned.
Should you run into difficulties when filing your application please send an email to our helpdesk for advice.
Available projects - Who will recruit students in the upcoming round of application?
Before the start of the application period we will publish a list with faculty members that plan to recruit a student in the upcoming round of recruitment. In the application form, you will be asked to name up to five faculty members from the list that you find most interesting.
Time line of application/selection process 2018/2019:
- Online application platform will open on September 01, 2018
- Closing date for application is November 15, 2018 (24:00 Central European Time)
- Closing date for submission of reference letters is November 18, 2018 (24:00 Central European Time)
- Letters of invitation to candidates typically will be mailed between December 10 and December 15, 2018
- Interview week in Munich will take place from February 04 to 08, 2019
- Accepted candidates should start their thesis research no later than October 01, 2019
Please note that IMPRS-LS will reimburse travel expenses and cover accommodation for all candidates participating in the interview week in Munich.