The application platform is open between January 1st and February 15th, 2021 (24:00 CET).
Registration closes on February 12th. After your registration, you will be able to log in and to upload your application files at the application platform.
The International Max Planck Research School, IMPRS-LS is hosting the platform (therefore please keep in mind: without being logged in, the top menu of this page is specific for the PhD program IMPRS-LS not for MaxSIP; the top menu changes once you are logged in as a MaxSIP applicant).
The following documents are required for your application:
- Curriculum Vitae (PDF file, max. 1-2 pages)
- Transcript (record of study) and degree certificate for all completed degrees (if applicable)
- Temporary/provisional transcripts for degree programs, you are currently enrolled in
- Document qualifying for university studies (typically high school degree, Abitur, Matura or equivalent)
- Letter of recommendation of one referee (see information below)
- Letter of motivation (will be typed into the application form directly, no upload)
- If an applicant’s academic training was not in English or German, a language certificate (such as IELTS or TOEFL) is highly recommended
All information need to be submitted in English or German. Please provide a respective translation if original transcripts are in a different language.
Upon submitting your complete application, you will receive an automatic confirmation email.
Letter of recommendation
Applicants need to name and invite one referee through the online application platform. We recommend that you personally contact your referee before triggering the email invitation. Please keep in mind that applications lacking the letter of reference after the deadline for submission are incomplete and cannot be processed any further. Please ensure that the referee submits the letter of recommendation before the deadline.
You will receive an automatic confirmation email, once your referee has submitted the letter of recommendation.
The five steps to submission, schematic