Date: Mondays 21st + 28th March + 4th April 2022
Trainer: Amani Said
Description: The Career Booster Program Workshop Series has been specifically designed to support PhD candidates, Postdocs and other academics to leverage their PhD by making a successful career transition, whether within or outside of academia.
The main challenges PhDs struggle with when it comes to career development are:
- lack of clarity, not knowing what the next career step should be
- not knowing where to start and the strategies to use
- not understanding their own value, skills and the results they can create and more importantly how they can transfer their research training to another field
- not having a long-term plan or career vision
- fear of the unknown (especially if outside of academia)
- where to find positions and how to network
As a result of taking the Career Booster Program, candidates experience clarity on their career path, they gain the confidence and learn the tools to create their desired careers. The programs 4 workshops and group coaching help scientists tackle the main challenges mentioned above.